From hundreds of submissions, and the dozens that made the shortlists, our judges have selected 18 universities, individuals and teams as the best of the best.
It has been an inspiring process, and those that won exemplify the extraordinary things that are going on in our universities and colleges day in, day out.
Many congratulations to every single entrant who made it on to our shortlists this year, and especially to those who took the awards in the face of such tough competition.
The quality that has shone through in every category is yet another reminder that higher education is a sector in which the UK truly excels. All who work in it should be proud.
Times Higher Education
THE Awards 2013 winners
The winners were announced at the gala Times Higher Education Awards 2013 dinner on 28 November 2013 at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London.
- The Lord Dearing Lifetime Achievement Award
- Excellence and Innovation in the Arts
University of Derby
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
University of Manchester
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
London College of Fashion
- Business School of the Year
Brunel Business School
- Research Project of the Year
University of Leicester
- Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers
Queen’s University Belfast
- Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative
University of Edinburgh
- Outstanding Contribution to Sustainable Development
University of Greenwich
- Outstanding ICT Initiative of the Year
University of Central Lancashire
- Most Improved Student Experience
University of Stirling
- International Collaboration of the Year
University College London
- Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership Development
- Outstanding Support for Students
University of Essex
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
University of Southampton
- Entrepreneurial University of the Year
University of Strathclyde
- University of the Year
University of Huddersfield