* Jon Baldwin , secretary and registrar at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, has been appointed registrar at the University of Warwick. His appointment follows the departure of Jonathan Nicholls , who left the university to take up the post of registrar at the University of Birmingham.
* Keith Fletcher , professor and director of the Learning Teaching Support Network for business, management and accounting, has been appointed chief examiner for the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
* Leo Murray , professor and former director of Cranfield School of Management, has been appointed chair of the National Centre for Languages.
* The University of Reading has appointed the following to its School of Health and Social Care: Christina Victor , professor of social gerontology at St George's Hospital Medical School, professor of gerontology and health services research; Margot Gosney , professor of elderly care medicine (a joint appointment with the Royal Berkshire and Battle Hospital Trust); David Oliver , former consultant physician and director of elderly medicine at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, senior lecturer in elderly care medicine; and Sally Richards , former lecturer at Southampton University, joined the social work section of the school in January 2004.
* John Usher , Salveson professor of European institutions and head of the University of Edinburgh's School of Law, has been appointed head of law and chair of European law at the University of Exeter.