Helping older people keep warm in winter with less fuel while also reducing their carbon footprint is the aim of a £123,000 research project funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. The scheme will examine how to engage older people in the debate on climate change and help them lead "sustainable" lifestyles. The research will be carried out by Yamuna Kaluarachchi and her team in the University of Greenwich's Sustainable Buildings Research Group.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now