Neville Baker, department of mechanical engineering, has been awarded the higher doctorate degree, doctor of science, for his work on processing, microstructure and properties of alloys and composites.
Ingres Site of the Year Award
The 1998 award, run by Computer Associates International, USA was presented to the University of St Andrews and accepted by Hania Allen and Chris Wimlett, project managers of a team based in the university's IT services unit.
European Society of Human Genetics
The title of young scientist of the year was awarded in Lisbon to Ian Findlay, University of Leeds, in recognition of his work on DNA fingerprinting and genetic diagnosis in human embryo cells.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now