Profitable partnerships between companies and universities were honoured at the TCS 2000 awards in London:
- Concept Systems Ltd in Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University developed a technique for real-time seismic survey coverage
- Fulcrum Systems Ltd collaborated with the University of Reading on SirenStop, a siren-noise reduction system for use in emergency vehicles
- Primal Pictures and University College London developed 3D anatomical graphics on CD-Rom for use by surgeons
- Sain Records and the University of Wales, Bangor, have archived more than 4,800 tracks of Welsh music onto magneto-optical tape
- Signal House and Nottingham Trent University developed a low-maintenance and robust colour light signal using light emitting diode technology
- Vocean of Omagh and the University of Ulster developed emerging ebusiness technologies and formed a spin-off company, 8over8.com
- British Aerospace Airbus and the University of Warwick's manufacturing group worked on designs to cut the costs of producing wings for passenger aircraft by 30 per cent.