Just who could David Coates be referring to when he acknowledges those who helped him with his new book on the Government, Prolonged Labour ?
The professor of Anglo-American studies at Wake Forest University thanks the likes of Greg Dyke and Claire Short for their input. But he reserves special gratitude for “my particular version of Woodward and Bernstein’s ‘Deep Throat’ - my secret source close to the centre of power who must remain forever anonymous!” Our money is on cabinet office minister David Miliband, one of the most American Englishmen in the Government. Miliband has an American wife, did his MSc in political science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his brother Ed, who works as a policy wonk for Chancellor Gordon Brown, also spent time at Harvard University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now