* The Council for the Central Laboratory of the Research Councils has announced the following management changes: Hywel Price is now director of CCLRC operations; Colin Whitehouse is now director of the Daresbury campus; and Mike Johnson will be head of the engineering department and the instrumentation department after they merge.
* Gresham College has appointed Robin Wilson professor of geometry. He is head of the pure mathematics department at the Open University, a fellow of mathematics at Keble College, Oxford, and a visiting professor at Colorado College, US. He will succeed Harold Thimbleby.
* Matt Qvortrup , formerly of the London School of Economics and Political Science and policy adviser to the Home Office, has been appointed research professor in the School of Applied Social Studies at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.
* Mike Adams , former senior scientist with Unilever R&D Port Sunlight, has been appointed to the Unilever chair of product engineering in the Centre for Formulation Engineering at Birmingham University. Sakari Oramo , former concert master of the Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra, has been appointed honorary president of Birmingham's Music Society.
* Dianne Willcocks , principal of York St John College and professor of social gerontology, has been appointed chair of the National Health Service University academic advisory board.
* Dartington College of Arts has appointed John Bull , former vice-chancellor of Plymouth University, chair of its board of governors. He succeeds Brian Bailey.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now