* Cambridge University has named Tony Minson - a fellow of Wolfson College and chairman of the council of the school of biological sciences - pro vice-chancellor for planning and resources. He is the first of a proposed five new pro vice-chancellors.
* Robert Lethbridge, professor, life fellow of Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and former vice-principal, Royal Holloway, University of London, has been appointed director of the University of London's British Institute in Paris.
* David Bates - professor of medieval history at the University of Glasgow and fellow of the Royal Historical Society and the Society of Antiquaries of London - has become director of the University of London's Institute of Historical Research. He replaces David Cannadine, who takes the IHR's Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother chair of British history.
* Janice Mee, principal lecturer at De Montfort University and founding member of the International Foundation of Fashion Technology Industries, has been named honorary professor at the Beijing Fashion Institute.
* Judith Elkin, dean of the faculty of computing, information and English at the University of Central England, has been named vice-principal of University College, Worcester.
* Ben Knights, professor of English studies at Teesside University, has been named director of the Learning and Teaching Support Network English subject centre at Royal Holloway, University London.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now