- Cranfield School of Management has appointed Michael Osbaldeston as its director from next January. Professor Osbaldeston has been head of global learning at Shell International. He is also director of the European Foundation of Management Development and non-executive director of the University of Stellenbosch business school.
- Stephen Coleman , director of the e-democracy programme at the Hansard Society for Parliamentary Government, has been appointed to the first professorship in e-democracy at the Oxford Internet Institute. The professorship is attached to Jesus College and is supported by Cisco Systems.
- Andrew Wilkie , a Wellcome Trust senior research fellow in clinical science based at the Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, has been elected Nuffield professor of pathology at the University of Oxford from May 2003 and will become a fellow of Pembroke College.
- The University of the West of England has made the following appointments in its business school: Adrian Sargent from Henley Management College; Kyle Bruce , formerly senior lecturer at Griffith University, Brisbane; Hazel Conley , formerly at Cardiff Business School; and Andy Igonor , who was a lecturer at the United Arab Emirates University.
- José Luiz Lopes has been appointed professor in computer science at the University of Leicester. He was formerly with the department of informatics at the University of Lisbon.
- Mark Elder , music director of the Halle Orchestra, has been appointed to an international chair in conducting at the Royal Northern College of Music.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now