Some of Botswana's cleverest children are benefiting from a scheme to improve the teaching they receive and the equipment in their classrooms. The International Gateway for Gifted Youth, launched in 2007 by the University of Warwick, is working in partnership with the Botswana Education Hub and the Botswana Accountancy College (BAC) to provide workshops, lectures and activities over a two-week course. Mike Lesolle, executive director of the BAC, said that "for too long in our country, talented young people have lost the opportunity to explore their full potential".
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now