Steve Currall , director of University College London's Centre for Enterprise and the Management of Innovation, has been appointed to the Nanotechnology Technical Advisory Group, charged with assisting the US President's council of advisors on science and technology.
* Northumbria University's Law School has appointed Richard Thomas , the information commissioner with responsibility for overseeing the operation of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act, visiting professor.
* Tim Brundle , director of sales and marketing and technology transfer director at the DeAPfence Diversification Agency, has been appointed director of innovation at Ulster University.
* Leicester Uni-versity has appointed: Shaun Cowley , formerly at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Cambridge, Medical Research Council research fellow in the department of biochemistry; Nicholas Hartell , formerly at the University of London, chair in neuroscience in the department of cell physiology and pharmacol-ogy; Alister Rainnie , previously of Monash University in Australia, professor in the Centre for Labour Market Studies; Darrick Jolliffee , formerly of London Metropolitan University, senior lecturer in the department of criminology; Miltiadis Makris , previously of Exeter University, reader in the department of economics; and Suresh Mutuswami , of Essex University, a reader in the department of economics.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now