* Anglia Ruskin University has appointed Katie Proven , formerly at VisitScotland, as business development marketing manager.
* John O'Donoghue , former senior learning and teaching research fellow at Wolverhampton University's centre of excellence in learning and teaching, has been appointed to the chair in learning technologies at the University of Central Lancashire.
* The University of Wales, Newport, has appointed Laura Morgan as its new corporate affairs manager.
* Paul Murrain , senior fellow at the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, has been appointed INTBAU (International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture and Urbanism) visiting professor at Greenwich University.
* Ann Sumner , currently head of fine art at Amgueddfa Cymru (Museum Wales), will take up her post as the fifth director of the Barber Institute in October, following the retirement of Richard Verdi.
* The Russian Academy of Sciences has elected David Payne , professor and director of Southampton University's optoelectronics research centre, as a foreign member.