* University College London has appointed Janette Atkinson , currently professor of psychology, and Vince Emery , currently professor of virology, as pro provost for North America and pro provost for South Asia and the Middle East respectively.
* Stephen Venner , bishop of Dover, has been appointed pro chancellor and chairman of the governing body of Canterbury Christ Church University, following John Bragg's retirement.
* Gerry McSorley , the chief executive of Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust and the president of the Institute of Healthcare Management, has been appointed the director of CHILL (Centre for Health Improvement and Leadership, Lincoln) in a three-year posting. CHILL is a collabor-ation between Lincoln University, Trent Strategic Health authority and other partners.
* Ustinov College at Durham University has appointed Penelope Wilson as principal. She is currently a fellow in English at New Hall, Cambridge.
* Colin Talbot , professor of public policy at Nottingham University, has been appointed professor of public policy and management at Manchester University's business school.