* Colin Mayer , Peter Moores chair of management studies at the Said Business School, Oxford University, has been appointed dean on the retirement of Anthony Hopwood in October 2006.
* Greenwich University has appointed Bethan O'Neil director of learning enhancement, access and partnership. She is currently executive director of CADISE, a consortium of creative and performing arts institutions in Southern England.
* Lorna Branton is to be head of media relations at Sheffield Hallam University. She was previously media relations manager at Sheffield University.
* Forum for the Future, the Environment Agency's charity, has appointed Peter Madden chief executive. He was formerly a ministerial adviser, director of Green Alliance and head of policy at Christian Aid.
* Durham University has appointed Seth Kunin , professor of anthropology and theologian at Aberdeen University, executive dean of arts and humanities.
* Napier University's Centre for Timber Engineering has appointed Philip Turner as its new director. Professor Turner was director of the Forest and Forest Products Research Centre at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research in South Africa. He also acted as associate professor of forestry at Natal University.