Estates Management Conference
Download speaker notes - see "Related files" box on right
(Alexi Marmot and Trevor Thurlow's presentations are available on request; due to large filesizes. If you would like to receive these presentations, please email: Aileen Grant)
Some of the themes covered:
• What are the Government’s future spending plans? What will be its key criteria for funding capital projects?
• How are some universities building and running their campuses cost-effectively?
• What are the tricks they have learnt to keep construction and operational costs down?
• Are you making the most of your estates data?
• How can space be used more efficiently?
• Environmental psychology – what factors improve academic performance for staff and students?
Rod Mallinder, director of estates, University of Brighton and secretary of Association of University Directors of Estates
Laurence Brett, head of higher education, Davis Langdon
Oliver Gibson, head of education services, IPD Occupiers
Dr Alexi Marmot, director, AMA and professor of facility and environmental management, University College London
Dr Edward Edgerton, Environmental psychologist, School of Social Sciences, University of the West of Scotland
Best practice case studies
Estates masterplanning and auditing of space
Mark Swales, deputy director, facilities directorate, Sheffield Hallam University
Re-evaluating estates strategies and plans in the light of the credit crunch
Paul Thomas, director operations and resources, Brunel University
Delivering ‘memorable’ buildings and best value
Trevor Thurlow, director of estates, Northumbria University