Navigation, Nutrition and Necrophilia...
The Ig Nobels are awarded for the world's most original research. Highlights will include why the brains of London taxi drivers are more highly developed than those of their fellow citizens, the percentage of students that dislike the taste of Brussels sprouts and the first scientifically recorded case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard duck. Ig Nobels UK Tour bookings - call 020 7019 4941
All tickets are priced at £5, (£4 for BA members) and £10 for a group of 4. Lines are open until Friday 5th March after which tickets can be bought on the door.
The Ig Nobels UK Tour 2004 is presented by The THES in partnership with the British Association for the Advancement of Science to celebrate National Science Week .
- Oxford University (Thursday 11th March)
- Nottingham Trent University (Friday 12th March)
- W5, Belfast (Saturday 13th March)
- Royal Dublin Society (Sunday 14th March)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow (Monday 15th March)
- Exeter University (Tuesday 16th March)
- Manchester University (Wednesday 17th March)
- Institution of Electrical Engineers, London (Thursday 18th March)
- Thinktank, Birmingham (Saturday 20th March) CANCELLED
- CCLRC Daresbury Lab, Warrington (Monday 22nd March)
For the full National Science Week programme see www.the-ba.net/nsw .
Science that makes you LAUGH then makes you THINK
The THES and the BA invite you to enter two competitions in the run-up to the Ig Nobels UK Tour 2004: wax lyrical and enter your LAB LIMERICKS on one of three topics, and don't miss your chance to nominate a lecturer to the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists in SCIENCE BARNET OF THE YEAR .