Scientists at Cranfield University have discovered that small strawberries are not just tastier, they also offer more health benefits than big ones. A study conducted by Cranfield's Plant Science Laboratory found that limiting the amount of water supplied to growing plants can result in strawberries with more antioxidants, which protect the body against damage caused by free radicals, and more sugars.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now