Work by photography students has gone on display at a university gallery, thanks to a new collaboration. Function, which runs until 9 January 2011, is the first of a four-year programme of exhibitions under a partnership between the University of Birmingham-based Barber Institute and the Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD), part of Birmingham City University. Five students from BIAD were challenged to create original images representing the functions of Barber, which has an art gallery, a concert hall and a centre for academic and informal learning in fine art and music.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now