James Wood , a final-year student at Aston University, has been elected president of the British Pharmaceutical Students' Association.
* The Arts and Humanities Research Board has appointed Molly Conisbee , head of public affairs at the New Economics Foundation, associate director of communications. The following were appointed to the board of management: Nicholas Kenyon , controller BBC Proms, live events and television classical music; Felicity Riddy , deputy vice-chancellor and professor of English, York University; Bahram Bekhradnia , director of the Higher Education Policy Institute; John Caughie , dean of the faculty of arts and professor of film and television studies, Glasgow University; April McMahon , head of the School of English, Sheffield University; Martin White , provost of the Institute for Advanced Studies, Bristol University; and Ivon Asquith , former managing director, Oxford University Press.
* Jacqui Ford , former curriculum manager of foundation studies, has been appointed head of the faculty of integrated community education at Weston College.
* The Royal Northern College of Music has appointed Toby Smith , acting head of festivals and artistic administrator of the Cheltenham International Festival of Music, head of performance and programming.
* Isabella Moore , past president of the British Chambers of Commerce, will become director of CILT, the National Centre for Languages, when Peter Boaks retires on September 1.
* Moira Helm, head of allied health professions, has been appointed director of Canterbury Christ Church University College's Medway campus.