* Barry Cox, deputy director of Channel 4 and chairman of the Digital Television Stakeholders' Group, has been named as the University of Oxford's next News International visiting professor of broadcast media.
* The University of Teesside has appointed Graham Henderson vice-chancellor. Professor Henderson is currently deputy vice-chancellor (academic and development) at the university and a former director of the business school at Sunderland University.
* Kevin Murray, who runs his own Glasgow-based consultancy advising towns and cities across the UK and Ireland, and who is former director of two multidisciplinary consultancies, has been appointed honorary professor of planning at the University of Aberdeen.
* Jim Aleander, former principal of City and Islington College and former principal of West Nottinghamshire College, has been named director of distributed learning and operations at Ufi/learndirect.
* The British Geriatric Society has appointed Bob Stout, Queen's University professor of geriatric medicine, president for two years. He is also director of research and development for the Northern Ireland Health and Personal Social Services.
* Jude Kelly, artistic director and chief executive of the West Yorkshire Playhouse, has been appointed visiting professor of drama at Kingston University.
* Elisabeth Croll, professor of Chinese anthropology at the University of London and vice-principal for external relations at the School of Oriental and African Studies, has become chair of the United Nations University Council in Tokyo.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now