Janet Fluellen will not necessarily be able to claim a first for the University of Poppleton if the institution launches a course in creative history, although I would still encourage her to consider it (The Poppletonian, 11 April).
I already teach history to third-year undergraduates levying creative- writing assessments (developed with a grant from the Higher Education Academy’s former History Subject Centre), and the modules concerned have been well received by students and our external examiners.
Senior lecturer in history
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now