A photograph of a robot programmed by scientists at Queen Mary University of London to crack jokes has won the overall prize in a national science photography competition organised by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
The photograph was taken last year, when RoboThespian performed two gigs at the Barbican Centre in London. This short video captures some of the jokes delivered by the robot during those performances.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now