London School of Economics and Political Science An honorary fellowship will be awarded later this year to Kim Dae Jung, president of South Korea and founder of the Kim Dae Jung Peace Foundation, which acts as a non-political think tank and research centre.
The fellowship is in recognition of his contribution to the cause of democracy and human rights and his efforts to rebuild the economy of South Korea.
The Royal Commission for the Exhibition Michael Herbert, professor of town planning at the University of Manchester, has been awarded a two-year fellowship in the built environment.
Noticeboard is compiled by Lynne Williams. For further information see NetGazette on http://www thesis.co.uk
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now