The Polytechnic Institute of Porto (also known as P.Porto) is an institution of higher learning, comprising diverse polytechnic schools, all of which are situated in the city of Porto in Portugal.
The institution was established in 1985, starting out with two schools – the School of Music and the School of Education. The Institute of Accountancy and Administration (ISCAP) and the Institute of Engineering (ISEP) were integrated in 1988 and 1989 respectively. Both of the latter schools were originally founded in 1852, when they existed together as one as the Porto Industrial School. The institution describes its formation as “a happy encounter between tradition and forefront”.
Today, eight schools make up the institution, with campuses spread over three locations. Asprela in northern Porto is home to Campus 1, which comprises the school of engineering, Porto school of education, and the Porto accounting and business school. Also on this campus, you can find the school of music and performing arts and the school of health, as well as various museums, libraries, auditoriums, theatres and a concert cafe.
Campus 2 can be found between the Vila do Conde and Pavoa de Varzimboth Porto municipalities. This is the location of the schools of management and industrial studies; media, arts and design; and hospitality and tourism, as well as a large library, lecture theatres and laboratories, among other facilities.
Campus 3 is home to the school of management and technology, and is situated at Tamega and Sousa.
P.Porto describes its ethos as "thinking globally" and being technologically minded