Welcome to THE Student
From now, you’re getting even more than you bargained for at Times Higher Education – in a good way, of course.
For 12 years we’ve given you rankings, data and table upon table for you to use in one of the most important decisions of your life: which university to choose.
But we want to make that decision process even smoother for you, by guiding you each step of the way and using our resources to help you to really understand all the options on offer and factors to consider.
On THE Student you can find advice, guides to universities, news and other decision-making tools to equip you for the next stage of your educational journey.
Here to help
Since we’re generous souls here at THE, we’re more than happy to do most of the work for you:
- Need some help using the university rankings? A handy FAQ is coming soon
- Want to delve even deeper and really understand what the university performance scores mean? Check out The Rankings Explained
- You know you want to study abroad, but you’re still not sure where to even start. Take a breath, and read How to choose where to study abroad
- Take me to the US, I hear you say? First, read our Guide to Higher Education in the US as a foreign student for almost everything you need to know
- I know what you’re thinking: forget the US, it’s all about Australia. Lucky for you, the Guide to Higher Education in Australia as a foreign student has just as many facts and tips.
- You’ve heard the UK is the place to go, have you? How to choose a UK University is right up your street.
- I know what you really care about: your future employability. This Further your career prospects by studying abroad article lets your predecessors explain how and why their studies increased their prospects.
That’s just a sample of one section of what we’re doing. Don’t miss the news updates, which will keep you informed of all the relevant information throughout your decision process and university life in the future.
We’ve got many more tricks up our sleeves, from new university rankings based on factors that are the most relevant to you, to guides and advice written by experts and students who have been in your position.
We’ll have blogposts, competitions, and a range of multimedia resources available in the near future.
You the reader also have a big role to play in shaping THE Student. We’re not just generous, we’re also very flexible, and we want to make sure we’re providing exactly what you want.
So please send questions and requests for guides, articles or resources to the editor, Carly, using the contact details below.
Get in touch
We welcome all forms of communication, and we’re also looking for student bloggers from any country.