Developers have converted a university's prospectus into an iPhone application so prospective students can view the courses it has on offer. The University of Southampton's app includes a fully searchable course listing with entry requirements, testimonials and information on how to apply to the institution. Leading research stories are also synchronised with the main university website, while maps of each campus are included. A spokeswoman for developer Precedent said that it differed from other university apps because of the large amount of content available offline.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now