A new MSc programme in artificial intelligence has been set up by the University of Southampton's School of Electronics and Computer Science. The course will be offered beginning in October. "AI and machine learning are becoming ever more prevalent in our society," said Craig Saunders, joint course leader of the MSc programme. He noted that millions of people were already familiar with many uses of AI technologies, including web search engines, weather prediction, financial forecasting and "personal recommendations" offered on shopping and music websites.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now