The first-ever advert broadcast into space will be made with the help of the University of Leicester. The advert for Doritos corn chips, currently the subject of a public competition, will be broadcast on 12 June from a Space Centre in Svalbard. Experts from the university will help code the advert into binary code. Darren Wright of the department of physics and astronomy said the project provided an "additional component ... to (the department's) ever increasing outreach programme".
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now