An institute has been established dedicated to Zygmunt Bauman, renowned for his work on consumerism, ethics, sociology and political philosophy. The Bauman Institute at the University of Leeds was launched with a conference, Rethinking Global Society, which was attended by more than 200 guests from around the world. The Polish-born scholar was Leeds' first professor of sociology and is now an emeritus professor at the institution.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now