Carol Ann Duffy, the recently appointed Poet Laureate, will be the star guest at the University of Aberdeen's Writers Festival this week. The poet, who is professor of contemporary poetry at Manchester Metropolitan University, is set to appear at the event on 16 May and will talk about the relationship between literature and music. Professor Duffy will be joined by the writer Sean O'Brien, musician John Sampson and Gillian Clarke, the National Poet for Wales.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now