A government consultation has opened to identify whether residents and businesses in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland believe they need a local university in their area. The consultation marks the latest step towards the UHI Millennium Institute gaining full university status as the University of the Highlands and Islands. James Fraser, principal of UHI, said: "We hope many individuals and organisations will take up our appeal to get involved in the consultation as they will help to inform the decision-makers on a crucially important issue for the people, economy and cultural heritage of our region."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now