Ten million people have visited a university website to access free course material since it opened three years ago. The Open University said its OpenLearn site had resulted in 13,000 course registrations. It offers material equating to more than 8,000 e-learning hours in 12 subject areas covering all levels from access to postgraduate education. Law, creative writing, study skills, business and plate tectonics are the most popular materials on the site. About half of users are from the UK and a quarter hail from the US.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now