Student poisoned

November 22, 1996

A Keele University student died on Tuesday from carbon monoxide poisoning in her Stoke-on-Trent flat. Four other students were treated in hospital. Douglas Trainer, NUS president, said she was the tenth student in five years to die from carbon monoxide poisoning. He advised students to call the gas safety action line on 0800 300 363 or their union welfare office if landlords refused to prove that gas appliances had been tested.

You've reached your article limit.

Register to continue

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Register

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments