Wishful thinking was in evidence at De Montfort University after The Times Higher 's exclusive story about the level of stress among its staff. The university's PR man told the Bedfordshire on Sunday newspaper:
"This is a non-story." The statement inflamed lecturers' union Natfhe, which said in a newsletter: "Feedback from members clearly indicates the opposite." And far from putting the local paper off the scent, the comment sparked an opinion piece lambasting the university's complacency and a letter from a DMU staff member insisting that "stress is an all-too-real story".
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now