Brussels, 12 May 2004
Tuesday 1st June 2004
This Workshop is principally for researchers:
- With an interest in standardisation and/or
- Participating in an FP5 project already involving an element of standardisation, or which could lead to new standards and/or
- Participating in an FP6, EUREKA or COST project involving an element of standardisation or which could lead to new standards
The purpose of this Workshop is to introduce researchers to the process and advantages of standardisation. Topics covered will include:
- Roles and systems of CEN
- Best Practice Guide to Exploiting Research through Standardisation
- Standardisation V's IPR
- CEN's priority areas for research
- FP6 Projects helping integrate research and standardisation
- How Research can Benefit Standardisation: European Case Studies
Not only will you receive detailed explanations, documents and answers to your specific queries on standards development, you will also have the opportunity to grow the network of people with whom you could collaborate - either in applied research or standardisation development.
The Workshop is taking place on Tuesday 1st June 2004, from 09.30 to 15.45.
CEN Management Centre, Brussels, Belgium. Directions are available from the CEN Website.
If you would like to attend the Workshop, please register your details, making sure you tick the box labelled 'Invite me to the Workshop on Research and Standardisation (for Researchers) in Brussels'. You will receive email confirmation of your place in due course.
Comité Européen de Normalisation
Europäisches Komitee für Normung
© 1999, 2004 CEN. All rights reserved.