The University of the Highlands and Islands Millennium Institute is setting up a think-tank to give the region a stronger voice with which to influence government policy both in Westminster and Holyrood. The UHI PolicyWeb aims to forge links with other rural areas in Scotland and abroad. Its first director is John Bryden, professor of human geography at Aberdeen University and co-director of the university's Arkleton Institute for Rural Development Research.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now