Alumnus to be proud of No 134. Nathan Thomas, who plays rugby for Bath and Wales, recently secured his place in pub sports quizzes by his conduct in the match between Bath and Newcastle. Brought on as a temporary replacement for Richard Webster, off the field for attention to a cut, he threw himself into the role with such vigour that he was sent off within minutes.
This meant that Webster, through no fault on his own, was not allowed back on the field and was left cursing as his team-mates lost. This latest distinction follows a lively academic career incorporating short spells at the University of Wales, Cardiff, and Trinity College, Carmarthen.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
- Unrestricted access to the UK and global edition of the THE app on IOS, Android and Kindle Fire
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now