Brussels, 08 Mar 2006
A conference entitled 'Re-searching women in science and technology' will take place in Vienna, Austria, on 15 and 16 May.
The event is intended to give a new impetus to increasing the percentage of women in industrial research. Strategies for equal opportunities will be presented, and new action plans will be drawn up and discussed.
The main topics for discussion will be:
- political developments in Europe and Austria;
- attractiveness of the industry for female scientists and technicians;
- innovative human resource development for cutting edge research;
- presentation of role models in European industry.
EU Science and Research Commissioner Janez Potocnik will be among those attending the event.
For further information, please consult the following web address: http:///europa.eu.int/comm/research/scien ce-society/women/wir/news_en.html
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now