A university was the venue for an aerial concert by brass players from the Lancashire Sinfonietta. Five of the musicians donned hard hats and harnesses to scale the climbing wall at Lancaster University to play excerpts from the James Bond theme tune and Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines. The event began the university's Curate the Campus project (May 1-12), which features artists staging odd projects in unusual locations. Trumpet player Helen Quayle said while none of the quintet liked heights, they had been determined to take part.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now