* The qualifications framework will ensure qualifications with same name are same standard
* Universities must spell out exactly what they expect students to achieve on their courses
* Subject benchmark information and threshold standards. Universities have said that thesecould mean a national curriculum, but employers and students demand a threshold
* Codes ofpractice have been developed to show best practice in overseas provision, student support, governance, etc
* Plans for external examiners reporting directly to the QAA were ditched after opposition, now replaced by "academic reviewers"
* Forty-two subject areas have been defined for benchmarking work, despite debates about aggregation of cognate disciplines. Some areas may be sub-divided.