Brussels, 19 Nov 2003
The European Commission has announced a prior information notice for a call for tenders for the monitoring of progress towards gender equality in the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).
The purpose of this contract will be to monitor progress towards gender equality and gender relevance awareness in the following FP6 activity areas of the specific programme 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area':
- Life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health;
- Food quality and safety;
- Global changes and ecosystems.
Estimated cost: 450,000 euro.
- Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials, production processes and devices;
- Aeronautics and space;
- Sustainable surface transport;
- Euratom activities (except those implemented by the Joint Research Centre).
Estimated cost: 640,000 euro.
- Citizens and governance in a knowledge-based society;
- Support for the coherent development of policies;
- Science and Society.
Estimated cost: 250,000 euro.
- Research to explore new and emerging scientific and technological problems and opportunities (NEST);
- Horizontal research activities involving small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Support for the coordination of activities;
- Research and innovation;
- Research infrastructure.
Estimated cost: 150,000 euro.
- Human resources and mobility (Marie Curie actions);
- Specific measures in support of international cooperation;
Estimated cost: 330,000 euro.
The start of the award procedure is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2004
To see the text of the prior information notice, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.