Deputy prime minister John "two Jags" Prescott had a view of alternative travel at the University of Southampton last week.
Staff at the oceanography centre told him about developments in marine technology, including "autonomous underwater vehicles", used for research, at which he pronounced himself "very impressed". Could this be the answer to the government's future congestion-busting transport system?
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now