Rarely seen photographs and film footage from the Second World War have been set to a new musical composition by two academics. Dark Formations features images of Allied bombing raids on Germany curated from the Imperial War Museum by David Chandler, professor of photography at the University of Plymouth. They have been set to a 10-minute musical composition by University of Sussex composer Ed Hughes. The audiovisual piece will be performed at Kings Place in London on September.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now