Brussels, 01 Apr 2004
A call for proposals for projects of common interest in the field of trans-European telecommunications networks (eTEN) will remain open until 9 June.
Proposals must fit into one of the three types of action funded in this call for proposals, which are:
- Action 1: initial deployment
- Action 2: market validation
- Action 3: support and coordination
Projects proposed for Actions 1 and 2 must relate to one or more of the following themes:
- trust and security;
- small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Projects under Action 3 are expected to address:
- programme and project awareness through workshops, support to the eTEN national contact points and other means;
- optimisation of current projects;
- analysis of needs and future developments of the eTEN domain;
- stimulation and promotion of deployment including good practice test-beds and brokerage;
- analysis of the impact of EU policy on potential deployment of e-solutions and identification of measures to achieve this deployment.
The proposed indicative budget allocation for this call is 42 million euro.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate-General Information Society
eTEN Help Desk
Office BU31 2/74
To see the full details of the call and for further information, please:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 9.6.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, tenderers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.