* Wolverhampton University has appointed three new deans. Kit Field joins the School of Education from Canterbury Christ Church University, where he was head of the department of professional development. Linda Lang is leaving Sheffield Hallam University, where she is acting deputy dean in the faculty of health and wellbeing, to become dean of the School of Health. John Pymm has been promoted from associate dean to become dean of the School of Sport, Performing Arts, and Leisure.
* Art Wasserman , former chief development officer for major gifts and endowment at the human rights charity the Carter Center, founded by former US President Jimmy Carter, has been appointed director of development and corporate communications at University College London.
* Aberdeen University has appointed William Neill to a sixth-century chair in spatial planning in the Centre for Planning and Environmental Management. He was previously reader in urban planning at Queen's University Belfast.
* Lord Rowe-Beddoe has been appointed pro chancellor of Glamorgan University. He is chairman of the Wales Millennium Centre and president of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
* Westminster University has named Sarah Carthew , previously chief executive of the Richmond Music Trust, its new director of marketing, communications and development.
* Alison Wild , Liverpool John Moores University's pro vice-chancellor, has been elected the first female chair of the Association of Heads of University Administration.