* Brighton University has appointed Gilly Nicol , director of the Eastbourne and District Chamber of Commerce, business development manager for the culinary arts studio.
* Cambridge University has appointed Gero Miesböck , currently professor of cell biology and cellular and molecular physiology at Yale University School of Medicine, professor of physiology from July 1. He will be a fellow of Magdalen College.
* Oxford Innovation Ltd has appointed Alex Smeets regional director of innovation services. He was formerly executive director at St John's Innovation Centre in Cambridge.
* Swansea University has appointed Dylan C. Thomas to a chair in the School of Business and Economics. He was formerly professor at the Cass Business School, London, and has been visiting associate professor in accounting at the University of Washington, Seattle.
* The Association of University Administrators has elected Tessa Harrison , currently academic registrar at the University of the West of England, to the executive committee.
* Emma Fieldhouse , who worked for Groundwork Leicester and in private and public sector organisations delivering active environmental management, has been appointed environmental manager at Leicester University.
* Stephen Pinfield has been appointed the new chief information officer at Nottingham University. He was previously deputy chief information officer at the university and has also worked at the universities of Birmingham and Leeds and the London Business School.