* City University, London, has appointed Peter Kunzlik professor and director of the Institute of Law. He will succeed Martin Dockray in March. Professor Kunzlik is currently dean of Nottingham University's Law School.
* Charles Harvey, dean of the University of the West of England's Business School, has been appointed dean of Strathclyde University's Business School.
* Data management consultancy LG01 has appointed Tony Robards, HSBC chair of innovation at York University, non-executive director.
* Cambridge University has appointed Patrick Sissons, head of the department of medicine and associate medical director and governor of Addenbrooke's Hospital, to succeed Keith Peters as Regius professor of physic. Richard Dearlove, former chief of the Secret Intelligence Service, has been appointed master of Pembroke College.
* Interactive University has appointed Timothy O'Shea, principal and vice-chancellor of Edinburgh University, to its board.
* Bill Wakeham, vice-chancellor of Southampton University, has been appointed to the board of the South East England Development Agency.
* Gary McCulloch, Brian Simon professor of history of education, will replace Celia Hoyles as dean of research at the Institute of Education, University of London.
* Graeme Hall has been appointed chief executive of UK Skills.
* Ian Booth, microbiologist, has been appointed director of Aberdeen University's Institute of Medical Sciences.
Full listings of grants, appointments and honours appear on The THES website Netgazette@thes.co.uk