* The Association of Business Schools has appointed Arthur Francis , professor and dean of Bradford University's School of Management, its chair.
* Mike King , former professor in the department of criminology at Leicester University and senior consultant for a European Commission Phare programme, has been appointed research professor at the Centre for Criminal Justice Policy and Research, University of Central England.
* Mike Goldstein , former vice-chancellor of Coventry University, has been appointed the first non-executive chairman of Heist (the former Higher Education Information Services Trust).
* Philip Bunn , formerly at Paisley University, has been appointed head of engineering at the Academic Central Services Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi.
* John Caldwell , dean of the faculty of medicine at Liverpool Univer-sity, has been appointed non-executive director of Eden Biodesign.
* Dartington College of Arts has appointed the following creative enterprise fellows for arts and cultural management: Aune Head Arts (an organisation working in the region); and Richard Wells , former director of the Freud Museum in London and research fellow at the University of East London.
* Ivor Crewe , vice-chancellor of Essex University and president of Universities UK, has won the Sir Isiah Berlin Prize for lifetime contribution to political studies. Carole Pateman , of the University of California at Los Angeles, Gerry Stoker of Manchester University and Matthew Flinders of Sheffield University have won awards from the Political Studies Association.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now