Andrew Bowie, formerly professor of philosophy at Anglia Polytechnic University, has been appointed professor of German at Royal Holloway, University of London.
Philip Powell, director of the information systems research unit at Warwick Business School, has taken up a chair in information management at the University of Bath school of management.
David Ibbetson, fellow and tutor in law at Magdalen College, Oxford, has been appointed regius professor of civil law at Cambridge University following David Johnston's resignation.
Helen Milner, head of distributed learning at the University for Industry, has been appointed director of distributed learning. She replaces Bob Fryer, who has become director of policy and external relations.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now