The public will choose the projects academics carry out in partnership with local communities in a scheme launched by Manchester Metropolitan University. Researchers have proposed 46 community engagement projects, ranging from documentary films about local characters to aiding business clubs for African-Caribbean teenagers. The public can vote online to help decide which six initiatives will receive £10,000 each. For further details, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/fellowship.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now